Molecular Biomarker Research
Our research -
What do we do?
How do we do?
Who may benefit?
Selected current projects -
- Five of the research projects that I lead through the WSU in collaboration with key investigators/partners (listed in parentheses).
- A microRNA NanoChip Technology for Predicting Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Risk (with Prof. Jenny Couper, Dr. Megan Penno, Dr. Mugdha Joglekar and our industry partner Sognef Inc.)
- The DREAM-Nano Study. Developing a Robust and Efficient Analytical Method for Diabetes Progression using Nanotechnology (with Prof. Vipul Bansal, A/Prof Ravi Shukla and Prof. Arnan Mitchell)
- PREDICT T1D : Plasma RNA Evaluation for Diagnosis of Islet Cell death and progression To Type 1 Diabetes (several collaborators including Prof. Flemming Pociot, Prof. Ronald Ma, Prof. Ranjan Yajnik, Dr Kristina Rother, Prof. James Shapiro, Prof. Tim Jones, Prof. Liz Davies, Prof. Louise Dalgaard and others, with our industry partner AlgoAnalytics Inc.).
- MicroRNA analyses in the Mechanistic Studies of Adult Participants in phase 2 new-onset T1DM imatinib trial (Gleevec trial lead: Prof. Stephen Gitelman)
- Circulating microRNA biomarkers in early childhood and adolescence - associations to adult pre-diabetes (with Prof. Ranjan Yajnik)