Regulatory microRNAs and Gut health Research
Our research -
What do we do?
How do we do?
Who may benefit?
Selected current projects -
- PREDICT T1D study: Plasma RNA Evaluation for Diagnosis of Islet Cell death and progression To Type 1 Diabetes (my JDRFI career transition award, assessing regulatory microRNAs in a T1D microRNA signature that I developed with A/Prof Hardikar).
- ncRNA regulators of ageing and disease (with A/Prof Anand Hardikar, Prof. Ronald Ma, Prof. Ranjan Yajnik)
- A microRNA NanoChip Technology for Predicting Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Risk (with A/Prof Anand Hardikar, Prof. Jenny Couper, Dr. Megan Penno and our industry partner Sognef Inc.; 2022-24 NHMRC Ideas grant)
- Immunoregulatory role of microRNAs in islet biology (several projects in collaboration with investigators including A/Prof Hardikar, Prof. Helen Thomas, Prof. Wayne Hawthorne, Prof. Flemming Pociot, Dr. Simranjeet Kaur and Prof. Louise Dalgaard)
- Identifying microRNAs associated with pregnancy complications and diabetes (two different projects with collaborating investigators at WSU; Dist. Prof. David Simmons, and in North America; Prof. Mike Wheeler and Prof. Erica Gunderson).